There were a few points in the blog which either were interesting or i
totally missed the point.

   - It was mentioned that they were using without ACK turned on. So in
   that case how would it be ensured that all the tuples were successfully
   processed by all the bolts.
   - ACKing along with max tuple pending has another very important role of
   limiting congestion in the stream. Max tuple pending value will define how
   many tuples could be active in the topology. So one way of handling this
   would be to increase max tuple pending.(if you are sure your cluster/nodes
   can handle all that data).
   - Another possible experiment is to try using trident, which in turn
   will batch the log lines, leading to pipelining of batches and greater
   throughput.

-Samit