Hi there -

I would like to set up some state that spouts and bolts share, and I'd like
to prepare this state when the StormTopology gets 'activated' on a worker.

it would be great if the StormTopology had something like a prepare or open
method to indicate when it is starting.  I looked but i could find no such
API.   Maybe I should submit an enhancement request ?

Thanks in advance for your responses,
  -  Chris

[ if anyone is curious, the shared state is for all my application code to
check or not check invariants.  the invariant checking takes additional
time, so we don't want to do it in production.. but during
testing/development it helps catch bugs].

--
Chris Bedford

Founder & Lead Lackey
Build Lackey Labs:  http://buildlackey.com