Hi Ted,

I don't really want to use Python myself, but I plan to support it if someone wants to use it. Mainly, I plan on supporting C/C++ code, and perhaps C# and some scripting languages like LUA to add the ability to add plug-ins to the game server once it is released. The idea is that once someone acquires the server, they can write their own plug-ins for the server in the preferred language to extend the functionality of the server.

Now, in relation to your points about TCP vs UDP, I think the answer depends on each use-case. For my use-case, when the client only cares to get the last message from the server, then I truly believe it will be faster to use UDP as opposed to TCP, as if a message is lost in TCP, or if the order of the messages that arrive is not correct in TCP, I believe the TCP stack will queue any messages that it already has until it can deliver all messages in order, and that, is something I do not want.

Also, thanks for the info. about the cost of marshalling the tuple - I see now that Storm is not a good candidate for my real-time game client-server use-case. Many thanks to you and everyone who was kind enough to provide me with an answer and additional information; you all just saved me a lot of fruitless effort - I am glad that I asked this question before embarking on a prototype that used Storm...:)

Thanks,

Joe