Hi guys,

We are using Riak as a State to write and read data from different riak
buckets. (We are using this code
https://github.com/hackreduce/storm-hackathon/blob/master/src/main/java/org/hackreduce/storm/example/riak/RiakBackingMap.java
)

We first write to a bucket with partitionPersist, which returns a
TridentState var, and then we get data from this bucket with the
TridentState var returned previously.

The problem is that sometimes we just need to read (because another process
is filling this bucket with data), so no partitionPersist is done, and
therefore we have no TridentState var to get data from that bucket.

I've seen in the Trident State API doc (
https://github.com/nathanmarz/storm/wiki/Trident-state) a call to
topology.newStaticState(), and thought that maybe it would do the trick.

I didn't find more info about these "Static" states, so I would like to
know what does "Static" means in that context and the difference between
this and the TridentState var returned when a partitonPersist() is done.

Greetings,
Carlos