Has anyone done any work with redeploying a topology with minimal downtime?
I'm imagining a new storm command, or maybe a new function of the
StormSubmitter class that:

uploads the new code to the cluster,
initializes bolts and spouts,
turns off the old spouts,
turns on the new spouts
waits for old cluster to finish anything in flight
kills the old topology.

I have a deploy process in place that does this manually but this prevents
the use of the Isolation Scheduler, since I have to rename the topology
something different to have multiple running at once.

I couldn't find a related JIRA,  but I seem to recall some discussion in
the past and I dont want to duplicate work.

Thanks,

Aaron Zimmerman