:timed-out means that the worker did not heartbeat to the supervisor in time.
(This happens on local disk.)

Check that your workers have enough jvm heap space.  If not, garbage collection
for the JVM will cause progressively slower heartbeats until the supervisor
thinks they are dead and kills them.

topology.worker.childopts="-Xmx{{VALUE}}" e.g. 2048m or 2g

--
Derek