It's somewhat old but there is a great series of blog posts about testing
Storm topologies using Clojure:

http://www.pixelmachine.org/2011/12/17/Testing-Storm-Topologies.html

and if you take a look at Storm's testing.clj file, there are some great
Clojure utilities used for testing within Storm itself:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-storm/blob/master/storm-core/src/clj/backtype/storm/testing.clj

I learned a bunch by reading the multilang test cases here as a starting
point:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-storm/blob/master/storm-core/test/clj/backtype/storm/multilang_test.clj

and then learning more about the Clojure DSL:

http://storm.incubator.apache.org/documentation/Clojure-DSL.html

Of course, if you're a Java programmer, you may be looking at all this
Clojure-based testing infrastructure and saying, "Great, now I have two
problems -- my unit tests, and learning Clojure." Indeed :) But, Clojure is
a pretty nice language and worth learning for use cases like this.

---
Andrew Montalenti
Co-Founder & CTO
http://parse.ly