It should be a windowed average measure of the time between when the component
receives a tuple and when it acks the tuple.

This can be slower if there is batching, aggregating, or joining happening (the
component must wait for a number of other tuples to arrive before it can ack).

On the UI, there are tool tips that explain the measurements.  They appear
after hovering over the label.
--
Derek