> what is the number of workers set in topology definition.

topology.workers was set to 1. So I resubmitted the topology with
topology.workers to 5 and parallelismHint 5 for the spout at the end for
the aggregate

        final TridentState wordCounts = topology.newStream("kafka",
kafkaSpout)
                .parallelismHint(5)
                .shuffle()
                // .each(new Fields("str"), new PrintFilter())
                .each(new Fields("str"), new Split(), new Fields("word"))
                .groupBy(new Fields("word"))
                .persistentAggregate(new MemoryMapState.Factory(), new
Count(),
                        new Fields("aggregates_words")).parallelismHint(5);

Thanks,
Josh

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Susheel Kumar Gadalay <skgada...@gmail.com