Hi Julien,

        UI code calls Utils.isSystemId(String) which checks if
the stream id starts with "__". What error are you seeing when
you renamed into "__log".

-Harsha

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014, at 03:45 AM, Julien Nioche wrote:

Hi,

I have a custom stream for handling logs (called '_log') and
send them to ElasticSearch for indexing. The log tuples are
generated by my spouts and bolts. My pipeline also uses the
default stream for the normal processing of tuples from
RabbitMQ.

Everything works fine but I would like to be able to treat this
_log stream as one of the system ones (e.g. __metrics) and be
able to hide them from the stats. The summary of Emitted /
Transferred currently takes these log events into account which
is not very useful.

I tried renaming the stream into '__log' but this resulted in
an error when trying to start the topoloy.

Any idea of how I could do that?

Thanks

Julien

--
[logo.gif]
Open Source Solutions for Text Engineering

[1]http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com/
[2]http://www.digitalpebble.com
[3]http://twitter.com/digitalpebble