In the security branch of storm, worker-worker communication are encrypted
(blowfish) with a shared secret.

STORM-348 will add authentication to worker-worker.

For thrift (nimbus & drpc), the security branch has SASL/kerberos
authentication, and you should be able to configure encryption via SASL as well.
We have not tried enabling encryption with SASL.
--
Derek