Hello all, I'm starting to teach myself Storm for a few projects at work and
I'm running into what is probably (hopefully) a simple issue.  I'm trying to
measure an extant topology's latency and send that measurement to another
process.

http://storm.incubator.apache.org/documentation/Hooks.html makes it sound
possible, but the javadocs it links to don't really help.  I tried
instrumenting a simple sentence splitting example, but the spoutAck's
completeLatencyMs field is frequently null (which doesn't strike me as a
reasonable number of milliseconds, so I'm probably missing something, is this
even the right field to do what I want?).

Help?

M@ Dunlap
Charles River Analytics Inc.
617.491.3474 x599