I'm testing some sliding window algorithms with tuples emitted from a mock
spout based on a timer but the amount of time it takes the topology to
fully start up and activate seems to vary from computer to computer.
Specifically, I just updated from 0.8.2 to 0.9.2-incubating and all of my
tests are breaking because the time to activate the topology is taking
longer (because of Netty possibly?). I'd like to make my tests more
resilient to things like this.

Is there something I can look at in LocalCluster where I could do
"while(!notActive) { Thread.sleep(50) }" ?

This is what my test looks like currently:

      StormTopology topology = buildTopology(...);
      Config conf = new Config();
      conf.setNumWorkers(1);

      LocalCluster cluster = new LocalCluster();
      cluster.submitTopology(getTopologyName(), conf, topology);

      try {
        Thread.sleep(4000);
      } catch (InterruptedException e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
      }

      cluster.shutdown();

      assertEquals(4, MockSinkBolt.getEvents().size());

Thanks!