Yep.

For a quick code example:

Iterator it = // get a list of employees that match some criteria

while (it.hasNext()) {

 /*
  * Each EmployeeVO only contains its primary data
  */
 EmployeeVO vo = (EmployeeVO) it.next();

 /*
  * EmployeeVO lazily loads Department (only primary data)
  */
 DepartmentVO deptVO = vo.getDepartment();

 /*
  * Department lazily loads fooBarList
  */
 Collection foobars = deptVO.getFooBarList();

}

robert