There is so much to know and so little that has to be known to get started. The fact is that learning Struts and what you need to know is so different from what you need to know to care about Struts in the first place. If you need to use Struts, you should know enough to do it. Blah, blah, blah. Know what I mean?

At 06:06 PM 4/1/2004, you wrote:
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Nick Wesselman wrote:

> The biggest problems I've had teaching people struts seem to involve a
> lack of understanding of the servlet API. Attributes and their scopes,
> request forwarding, etc. Also grasping the MVC separation of code is
> important. Ugh I wish Model 1 development were somehow impossible. I
> can't tell you how many headaches I've had dealing with apps developed
> using Model 1 or web developers who've always used it.

Now now, don't give Model 1 too much of a hard time.  It has it's place.
Some people (like myself) might never know just how good you have it without
having gone the Model 1 route.

> > Nick > > Ashi Sharma wrote: > > >Which are the core technologies (Servlet, XML etc.) > >involved in the Struts Framework that a developer > >should have knowledge of? Could you also please > >mention the level of expertise required in each > >technology? > > > >Regards, > >Ashi > > > >===== > >That which does not kill you, only makes you stronger. > >

-- James Mitchell Software Developer / Open Source Evangelist EdgeTech, Inc.