James:

Why this happens is because you are proabably forwarding (rather than
redirecting) to Something2Action - so the request object is intact for your
second action.  So you can choose to redirect instead.. however be aware
that if you redirect, *everything* in the request object then will be lost
(like attributes you may have set).. Another way that should work is to
forward instead to say something2.do?row=-1

Regards,
Geeta