It seems that people on the dev-list are lobbying to ditch ValidatorActionForm anyway, in favour of having extensible form definitions. Sounds much more elegant to me.

Ta
Adam

On 04/05/2004 09:17 PM Niall Pemberton wrote:
Don't know much about javascript, but are you allowed to have "/" in a
javascript function name?

Niall

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adam Hardy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 9:48 PM
Subject: validator javascript function names == action-paths

Hi folks,

I am wondering whether I've lost the plot as far as the validator goes.

I have been entering the action-path as the form name in the
validation.xml and the javascript taglib. I am seeing the error below. I
am not sure how long I failed to see the validation errors. It might be
weeks.

I'm using ValidatorActionForm. I thought this was how to use
ValidatorActionForm properly. Can anybody point out the error of my
ways? Thanks. Config snippets follow.

Adam

PS I upgraded to the latest CVS source today

Error: missing ( before formal parameters Source File:

https://localhost:8443/gargantus/private/esurvey/question/update/start.do?questionId=17

Line: 366, Column: 13
Source Code:
    function /private/esurvey/question/update_required () {

This is the javascript tag:

                            method="validateForm"
                 dynamicJavascript="true"
                  staticJavascript="false"
                             cdata="false" />

and this is the validation.xml

    <form name="/private/esurvey/question/update">
      <field property="surveyId"
        depends="required,integer">
        <arg0   key="esurvey.question.validate.surveyId"/>
      </field>
      <field property="questionId"
        depends="required,integer">
        <arg0   key="esurvey.question.validate.questionId"/>
      </field>
    </form>

and the struts-config:

    <form-bean name="questionForm"
        type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorActionForm">
      <form-property name="questionId"
        type="java.lang.String"/>
      <form-property name="surveyId"
        type="java.lang.String"/>
    </form-bean>

-- struts 1.2 + tomcat 5.0.19 + java 1.4.2 Linux 2.4.20 Debian