Ah, well, you didn't read the fine print:

-->>Note: this code isn't anywhere near production ready - it's only supposed to be
used as a simple test :-)

Believe me, you should close connections/return them to the pool in a finally block if
you want to avoid major
problems.. As I said before, this issue was discussed in detail and in fcat the person
with the initial
question did a real nice write-up of her conclusions.. I think it will be well worth
you while to read that
thread..

Regards,
Geeta