On Saturday 10 April 2004 19:24, J.R. Heisey wrote:

Hi,

1. Considering the CLASSPATH issue: 'first come, first
serve'. I would suspect you may have multiple, different
versions of commons.logging in your CLASSPATH.
How that's set up exactly in your environment(s)
(Tomcat uses a separate one), I can't tell from here.

2. IMHO threading issues are not in play here, as
unimplemented interfaces would show up at
compilation stage. Therefore, the version used
by the NetBeans environment obviously implements
the Log interface, while the one used by the
integrated Tomcat does not. Just guessing,
though. The usual starting point would be
checking /WEB-INF/lib.

HTH,
-- Chris.