Hi,

I have the same issue.Seems struts is running pretty slow (or porbably its becuase of
back end database connections to mysQL using Hberntae).Any waqys I can improve the
perfrmance. I am using Weblogic 7.0

Thanks so much as this will highly help in running my jsp's faster ( I did try
including jsp pre-compilation into jasper).

Regards,
Sam.

Bill Siggelkow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well of course it will affect performance because the container is doing
stuff it would not be doing otherwise -- the question is more like "will
the negative performance impact be significant?" I would say if you
calculating the elapsed time it should not be. It depends on what your
filter is doing with the data -- it is simply logging it out to the
console it should be OK -- the other thing that is nice about filters is
that they can easily be turned off via the filter mapping.