I don't know you and there is not enough code here to tell how much you know, but do you know that you have to get the output stream to write to from wherever you are sending it to? Thus, you might have something like:

URL url = new URL(/* some destination */);
HttpURLConnection connection = (HttpURLConnection)url.openConnection();
connection.setDoInput(true);
connection.setDoOutput(true);
connection.setUseCaches(false);
connection.setRequestProperty("Content-Type", "application/x-java-serialized-object");
ObjectOutputStream out = new ObjectOutputStream(connection.getOutputStream());
out.writeObject(message);
out.flush();
out.close();
BufferedInputStream bis = new BufferedInputStream(connection.getInputStream());
Reader reader = new InputStreamReader(bis);
StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer("");

      int read;
      byte [] buffer = new byte[1024];
      while ((read = bis.read(buffer)) != -1) {
        sb.append(new String(buffer));
      }

Is this helpful? Why not use your logger to find out what is up?