On Friday 16 April 2004 21:58, Paulo Alvim wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to test "isUserInRole" using JSTL 1.0 (like the struts
> "logic present role" tag)?
>
> Thanks in Advance...
>
> Alvim.

Hi,

AFAIK that's not possible in plain JSTL, so your options
are either to use scriptlets or stick to the <logic> tags.
An alternative approach would be the <ora:ifUserInRole>
tag that accompanies Hans Bergsten's excellent JSP book
(O'Reilly). If you don't have it, you can still download
the sources from www.thejspbook.com. Respecting
Hans' copyright, I won't post the code here; all I can
tell is that it's not longer than 42 lines (including
comments).

HTH,
-- Chris