I want to have a consistent display of exceptions that occur in my
Struts-based applciation.

For exceptions that occur in my Action classes, I use the declarative
exception handling mechanism and forward to a set of "exception pages" that
I have created. However, the declarative exception handling mechanism is
only applicable to Action classes.

My problem is that I call some JSPs that utilize beans (via JSTL) that have
getter methods which perform database access. These getter methods can
generate exceptions. When these exceptions occur I'd like to display one of
the set of "exception pages" that I've created.

The best solution I have thought of so far is to place JSTL "catch" tags
into the JSPs and when they catch exceptions I use a JSTL "redirect" tag to
redirect to one of my "exception pages".

It works. But is there a better strategy than this?

Thanks,

Frank