Need your expertise to diagnose the problem.

I have a java class ListThread.java that extends
Action. This java class simply calls a couple of
helper classes to access my database. In the end of
the ListThread.java, it is a standard statement:

return ( mapping.findForward( "success" ) );

I have not yet prepared a JSP to be displayed in the
browser after ListThread.java completes its tasks;
therefore, upon completion, I temporarily wants the
application to be forwarded to my welcome page. (My
welcome page works fine.)

Because the ListThread.java does not really submit a
form, I simply put name="articleForm" in the
struts-config.xml file.  I have substituted with other
forms for testing purpose.  Nonetheless, I always got
Status 500 error:

----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.struts.scaffold.ParameterAction.findSuccess(Unknown
Source)
at
org.apache.struts.scaffold.BaseAction.execute(Unknown
Source)
at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:484)
at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274)

My struts-config.xml looks like:

    <action
        roles="administrator,editor,contributor"
        path="/message/ListThreads"
        type="org.apache.artimus.message.ListThread"
        name="articleForm"
        scope="request"
        validate="false">
       <forward
            name="success"
            path="/signin/Welcome.jsp"/>
    </action>

And here is my ListThread.java:

import LOTS OF PACKAGES AND CLASSES;

public final class ListThread extends Action
{
   public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping,
                                ActionForm form,
                                HttpServletRequest
request,
                                HttpServletResponse
response)
                                throws Exception
   {

      String memberName = request.getRemoteUser();

      // for sort and order stuff
      String sort  = request.getParameter( "sort" );
      String order = request.getParameter( "order" );

      if ( sort.length() == 0 ) sort =
"ThreadLastPostDate";
      if ( order.length()== 0 ) order = "DESC";

      int offset  = 0;
      int rows    =
MessageInboxConfig.ROWS_IN_THREADS;
      offset = Integer.parseInt( request.getParameter(
"offset" ) );
      rows = Integer.parseInt( request.getParameter(
"rows" ) );

      ListThreadHandler lthandler = new
ListThreadHandler();
      ListPostHandler lphandler = new
ListPostHandler();

      int totalThreads =
lthandler.getNumberOfThreads_forReceiver( memberName
);
      if ( offset > totalThreads )
      {
         throw new BadInputException( "The offset is
not allowed to be greater than total rows." );
      }

      Collection beans =
lthandler.getThreads_forReceiver_withSortSupport_limit(
memberName, offset, rows, sort, order );

      SiteUtil.prepareNavigate( request, offset,
beans.size(), totalThreads,
MessageInboxConfig.ROWS_IN_THREADS );
      int totalPosts =
lphandler.getNumberOfPosts_forReceiver( memberName );

      request.setAttribute( "ThreadBeans", beans );
      request.setAttribute( "TotalThreads", new
Integer( totalThreads ) );
      request.setAttribute( "TotalPosts", new Integer(
totalPosts ) );

      return ( mapping.findForward( "success" ) );