Hi,

Thanks for your response.
I'm agree with you there must be a better approach :-)
What I want to do is really simple. In a jsp page I want to display a collection of products. I've created a custom tag that takes a product object as parameter and display it using a velocity template.
Each products must have a link or a button image which forward to a details page. My concern is about this link which has to be rendered with a <html:...> struts tag.
I've done like this in order to simplify the jsp code and allow easier modification of the product appearance.
Maybe using tiles is a solution ?

Ludo.

James Mitchell wrote:
Is there a solution ?

Yes, the solution is to rethink what you've done.  From what you've
described, it sounds like pretty big hack.  Perhaps you can back up a few
steps and explain to us what you are doing and someone might offer you a
better approach.

--
James Mitchell
EdgeTech, Inc.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ludovic Bailly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 8:17 AM Subject: How to create a custom tag which returns struts tag ?

Hi,

I'm writing a simple custom tag with a doEndTag method writing html
code. This html code contains struts html tags that are not interpreted
by tomcat. The result is <html: .../> instead of the result of the tag.

Is there a solution ?

Thanks.

Ludo.