Actually, your "application resources" *are* bundles. In other words, you can
use the same property file(s) for Struts and JSTL tags. One thing you can do
for a default JSTL bundle is add the following to web.xml:

<context-param>
  <param-name>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.fmt.localizationContext</param-name>
  <param-value>Messages</param-value>
</context-param>

It's sort of the equivalent of the <message-resources> element in
struts-config.xml:

<message-resources parameter="Messages"/>

But, yes, it can get a bit hairy trying to make the two play nicely sometimes
because they really are independent entities.

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>