At 11:36 AM -0500 5/17/04, Kravchenko, Vyacheslav wrote:
We have multiple wars deployed on WebSpehere server. All of our applications are using on Struts 1.1.
I was hoping to find a way and retrofit tiles framework in our existing environment.
Can we develop a separate tiles application that can integrate with existing apps in following ways:
Use tiles framework to display jsp files from other wars?
Use ActionMappings in my existing wars to point to templates defined in tiles application.

I haven't heard of anything which lets Tiles choreograph between multiple webapps. That's not to say that its impossible, but just that you might have to write it yourself.

If you're using Servlet 2.3 or newer, you may want to have a look at Sitemesh. I haven't used it, but my understanding is that it uses Servlet Filters to decorate pages so that you can apply a consistent look.
http://www.opensymphony.com/sitemesh/ I'm not 100% certain that it can deal with content from across multiple applications, but i think it can because I think I've even read about it being used to decorate static content.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining."
-- Jef Raskin