I have read most of the archived messsages on this subject, and I am still
left with questions.  Here is my basic problem:  When I change the value of
the SELECT by selecting a new option, I expect the new value to be set in
the form bean.  I then want to be able to retrieve the value from the form
bean to pass as a parameter to a method in another action class.  I am doing
this instead of request.getParameter('xxx') just as a matter of preference
to keep everything in the form beans.  Here is the code from the jsp:

onchange="submit()">
                                                                   label="fullDate"
                                                                   value="batchNo" />

>From the debug statements in my stmtDetail.do action class, where I call a
getSelMtr() on the appropriate form bean, no value is passed.  Apparently
the submit() just triggers the stmtDetail.do before the changed value gets
set in the HeaderForm???

So what is the solution?

T. McCobb