Thanks Simon, much appreciated.

Decided to evaluate OpenSTA and JMeter, boy I love Apache, why look
anywhere else, I should have know to look and see if they had anything
:-).

Can't wait to see how our app performs... You probably haven't heard the
last from me... I will probably be posting this afternoon regarding some
big "Struts" memory leak and then be humbled with identifying a bug in
my code :-).

Cheers,

Greg Hess
Software Engineer
Wrapped Apps Corporation
275 Michael Cowpland Dr.
Suite 201
Ottawa, Ontario
K2M 2G2
Tel: (613) 591 -7552 ext 230
Fax: (613) 591-0523
1 (877) 388-6742
www.wrappedapps.com

SSL
> support. They do certainly have better "pretties".
>
> 3. We hit a cluster, and someone else set it up and configured it, so
> can't offer app server advice. Our main concern was about db access
times.
> The cluster hardly knew we were there, but the single database on the
back
> end was gasping for breath and asking for mercy by the time we'd
finished
> with it.
>
> 4. For our stress testing, we picked our most used use case and just
> tested that. We have functional tests for the others, but the one we
> picked is the 90-95% used path through our system. Ours is a very time
> critical system, so getting that primary "happy" path optimised was a
> wonderful return on our investment of time and effort.
>
> Simon

HttpUnit,
> hope SSL is supported because our application runs exclusively on SSL.
>
> I have been planning to set up my tests as follows:
>
> Client Machine
> - running the testing tool hitting the server
>
> Server Machine
> - running app server being profiled by JProfiler
>
> I am not sure what performance to expect and how to configure the app
> server for optimal performance but I will learn.
>
> Do you know of any guidelines regarding resource consumption like if
my
> max load is 100 simultanious users performing the heaviest transaction
> my CPU usage should not exceed 80% and memory should not exceed 75% of
> max available?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Greg Hess
> Software Engineer