In a sense everyone does just this when they declare their plugin as
such:

        <plug-in
className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
                <set-property
value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,/WEB-INF/validation.xml"
                              property="pathnames"/>

It's just you put all the project specific stuff into one. Can't imagine
why adding more files to it wouldn't work (although could introduce it's
own set of "confuscation")