From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mittwoch, 26. Mai 2004 19:39
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: scope and presenting realtime data (fwd)

Dear All,

Thanks for all your feedback.

Based on the discussion i derive following conclusions. please comment on
their accuracy.

  1. A Data Storage object (Say a HaspMap with the server name as a key
     and the N value data object as value are stored along with the last
     updated time) -- we are not going for database to save time on I/O
     and do not want to deal with stale data in database. --

  2. A cleaner thread will wake-up periodically, and remove the server
     entry which is not being used for the last 'X' minutes
     -- This we need to do as we are having large number of servers to be
     monitored --

  3. For each request the bean class need to
        a. poll and get the current value
        b. get the stored data object for the server
        c. if the object exists, add the value and drop the oldest
           sample if size becomes N+1
        d. if object does not exist, create with the current value
        e. update the value in data storage object

 thanks &  regards
   -Ramudu