Michael McGrady wrote:

No, this is not correct, Rick. The null pointer is for the reference to the Layout object in the session, which in fact is there. When I have the index page check to see if the object is there, Opera does not have a problem on OTHER pages. Odd? It is as if the placement of that object in the session does not happen with Opera unless you check that it has happened. BUT THAT IS ABSURD. Opera has no knowledge of any of this. RIght?

If you are sure you haven't changed some cookie settings and you aren't spawning a new window, then my guess is there will be a way to duplicate the exact same problem in IE/Netscape/Mozilla. I don't get what you mean by:

"The null pointer is for the reference to
the Layout object in the session, which in fact is there."

The above would have nothing to do with a browser and is impossible, unless you think you are refering to the same Session but you are not.

In other words, you are setting something in Session scope and then later on you do some stuff which somehow spawns a new Session.

To say you are getting a null pointer for a reference to an object that really is there in Session is impossible:) In other words if you do

Object obj = session.getAttribute("someOjbect");

and obj is null then there is no way "someObject" is refering to a handle to an object in this session.

--
Rick