hey all,
Preventing users from accesing action. I am writing a web app to manage
administrators and profiles.
Administrators may access to the web app based on the profiles they have.
The profiles, determine which pages the administrator might access. The
profiles, and authorizations, might change online during work, so I need to
check authorization to access a page (Action) on each access.If I understand
correct, then, the actionServlet, first process the form bean, and then the
action..
But, if the user is not authorized to access a specific page (Action), I
need to forward him to an UnAuthorized error page, before thr formAction
bean is filled.
I would like to use a servlet filter. This filter checks the users rights
and instanciates a HttpServletRequest-Wrapper.But am not sure how - .Can
anyone help.Till then me trying to study the ServletFilter examples here n
there.
Shilpa

--

"This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. It
should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have
erroneously
received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. The
recipient
acknowledges that ICICI Bank or its subsidiaries and associated companies,
(collectively "ICICI
Group"), are unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of/over
the contents of the information contained in e-mail transmissions and further
acknowledges that any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of
the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due
authority of ICICI Group.Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses
and defects."