I don't believe this should happen.  I have a feeling something is wrong
with your environment.  If you're getting that exception on the
html-el:text tag, then either it's not connecting to the correct TLD
file, or it's not finding the "BeanInfo" class associated with the EL
tag class.

Do you have a valid "taglib" directive in your JSP?  Do you have both
the struts.jar and strutsel.jar in your WEB-INF/lib, and there are no
other instances of those jars in your classpath?  What container are you
using?