> From: Tom Ansley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> How do I go about getting it so that the first time the
> action is called the validate() method is not called?

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/faqs/newbie.html#avoidValidate

I use LookupDispatchAction so I don't have separate actions.  Instead,
in the 'validate' method I check to see if the form was POSTed, as
that's the only time it needs to be validated.

Using dynamic forms gets you out of writing all the get/set methods, but
you still may need reset and/or validate.  All of my non-trivial dynamic
forms have Java classes in addition to the struts-config.xml setup.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.