Hmmm...maybe a RowSetDynaClass is what you need?  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/api/org/apache/commons/beanutils/RowSetDynaClass.html

It's as simple as:
    rs = stmt.executeQuery(MyQueryString);
    // Transform the resultSet to a "disconnected" set of DynaBeans
    RowSetDynaClassrowSet = new RowSetDynaClass(rs, false);
    // Transform the DynaBeans to a list object
    rows = rowSet.getRows();

Dennis

"CRANFORD, CHRIS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

06/14/2004 11:47 AM

Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

'Struts Users Mailing List' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc
Subject
RE: Caching data from resultset

Not a problem because I do have an OTN account.  But I guess the question is
whether it will work with Oracle 8i or only 9?

In the past what I have done is used introspection to convert the resultset
via metadata into a collection of objects that represent a record in the
database and use this "collection" in the JSP layer.  I typically notice
that this is where the MAJORITY of my time is consumed creating these
objects in memory, especially on very large data sets.

Ideally I want to create a business wrapper than extends some form of
caching resultset mechanism that permits me to save already viewed rows in
memory and only "fetch" ahead rows from the resultset as the user jumps to
the next page.  Since oracle 8i only provides forward scrolling in the
resultset, its important that previously viewed records be cached in the
bean.

Would all this be functionality available using CachedResultSet (ocrs12.zip
from oracle) via 8i database and jdk1.2?

Chris