Setup checklist - here's what should be in WEB-INF/lib:

Struts 1.1:
-----------
commons-beanutils.jar
commons-collections.jar
commons-digester.jar
commons-fileupload.jar
commons-lang.jar
commons-logging.jar
commons-validator.jar
jakarta-oro.jar
struts-el.jar
struts.jar

Standard 1.0.5:
---------------
jaxen-full.jar
jstl.jar
saxpath.jar
standard.jar

jaxen-full.jar and saxpath.jar are only required if you want to use JSTL's
XML/XSLT tags. Remove the TLD files from your app, remove the <taglib> elements
from web.xml, and use the "well-known" URIs for the taglibs:

<%@ taglib prefix="c"
           uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"; %>
<%@ taglib prefix="html"
           uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-html"; %>