Not quite.. hang on.

On 25 Jun 2004, at 00:14, Mark Lowe wrote:

A question came up the other week/month where someone nesting 2 deep and was trying to use a 2 dimesional array. I had the some problem today and had my chance to combine indexed and mapped properties to solve the problem.

I want to create a Restaurant Menu editor. So a menu has a few properties like title and start and end dates for seasonal menus.

So I have 3 action form or nested pojo's

MenuForm CourseForm DishBean

I used lazyMap and lazyList to save scoping to session.

MenuForm - has a lazyList or nested courses.
CourseForm - has a lazyMap of dishes and a getKeys() method that returns map.keySet().toArray()

and dishes are just plain string properties.

public DishBean getDish(String key)

public void setDish(String key,DishBean dish)

The jsp stuff looks something like this.

<c:forEach var="course" items="${menuForm.courses}">

<c:forEach var="key" items="${course.keys}">
</c:forEach>

</c:forEach>

its not quite as tidy as 2 dimensional array support, but it pretty clean looking.