Von: Mark Lowe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Freitag, 25. Juni 2004 09:33
An: Struts Users Mailing List
Betreff: Re: 2 deep nested forms (solution to 2 dimensional arrays with struts html
tags)

No i was wrong works as i thought it would

Need to iterate through the values of the dishes map

public Object[] getDishes() {
        return map.values().toArray();
}

<%-- var could be anything the index us the important bit --%> <c:forEach var="dish"
items="${course.dishes}" varStatus="index">
<%-- get the correctly indexed key from the getKeys array-%> <c:set var="key"
value="${course.keys[index.count - 1]}" /> <html:text name="course"
property="dish(${key}.name" indexed="true" /> </c:forEach>

renders to

<input type="text" name="course[0].dish(key1).name" value="Fish">

<input type="text" name="course[0].dish(key2).name" value="More Fish">

On 25 Jun 2004, at 01:09, Mark Lowe wrote:

> No needs a rethink .
>
> indexed="true" uses whatever iteration tags that its between.. Arses,,
> drat and double drat.
>

> On 25 Jun 2004, at 00:27, Mark Lowe wrote:
>
>> Not quite.. hang on.
>>

>> On 25 Jun 2004, at 00:14, Mark Lowe wrote:
>>
>>> A question came up the other week/month where someone nesting 2 deep
>>> and was trying to use a 2 dimesional array. I had the some problem
>>> today and had my chance to combine indexed and mapped properties to
>>> solve the problem.
>>>
>>> I want to create a Restaurant Menu editor. So a menu has a few
>>> properties like title and start and end dates for seasonal menus.
>>>
>>> So I have 3 action form or nested pojo's
>>>

>>> MenuForm
>>> CourseForm