Looks like a test, Caroline!

At 05:20 PM 6/25/2004, Caroline Jen wrote:
I was told that JSTL can convert most of the Java code
in JSP.  I still have some problem with initializing
variables and if statments; for example, I do not know
how to write in JSTL of the following:

1. int i = 0;
2. i++;
3. String prevArticle = null;
4. if ( numberOfPosts - 1 == 1 ) {}
5. if ( nextTopic != 0 )
6. String threadID = String.valueOf( threadID_int );
7. if ( threadRows.size() == 0 ) {}
8. if ( previousOffset >= 0 || nextOffset >= 0 ) {}
9. if ( prevArticle != null ) && ( !article.equals(
prevArticle ) ) {}

if anybody could kindly show me the JSTL equivalents?