Anyone know what is the best practices to store a person
date of birth ? How should we design our detail object, JSP and database
in such way we don't have a messy approached to populate the day,
month and year in Action class to be able to display in JSP during UPDATE
process.

Currently, I have a JSP with combo box for day, month and year.
Using mySQL db, I set the dateOfBirth column to TIMESTAMP.
(Some told me to use DATE for this column).

Obviously TIMESTAMP have the limitation since date of birth before
Jan 1 1970 will be stored as 00000000000. Know any workaround
to this one ?