If you were looking for the "struts" solution then in your action, or tiles controller where ever before you are forwarded to the jsp..

I gave you the "struts" solution.

On 1 Jul 2004, at 14:36, John Antonakos wrote:

theList.toArray()
u mean where ? where should i put this ?

I found a solution myself, to combine the 2 fields and pass an a4 param which
is actually the combined a1,a2.

But i was searching for a Struts solution, not a Java one.

John

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Lowe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 3:25 PM
Subject: Re: <html:select> issue

If theList is a List that cast it to an array

theList.toArray()

On 1 Jul 2004, at 14:01, John Antonakos wrote:

i had something like this:

  <select name="select1">
       <logic:iterate id="list1" name="coll1" property="theList">
         <option value="<bean:write name="list1"
property="a1"/>,<bean:write name="list1"
property="a2"/>">
          <bean:write name="list1" property="a3"/>
         </option>
       </logic:iterate>
  </select>

i changed it and now i have something like this:

labelProperty="a3"/>

As you see i loose one information, the ',a2' information.
Is there a way to solve this problem ?
I need to have html:select instead of select, cause in case of an
error i need the value to be
there, and not to get lost. I mean the selected one, to remain
selected, and not to auto
select the first.

Regards, John