Hi,
thank you for the reply. That with the webserver is a good idea, i am gonna try it
out.  I also wondor that,  why the struts-config and tiles-config is working.  just
for a try i removed the network cable and this time it throws exception only from
validator module ie. struts and tiles are not require any internet connection at all.
as you reqested i am adding the config files.
<-----------------config file-------------------------->

<!DOCTYPE form-validation PUBLIC
          "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Commons Validator Rules Configuration
1.0//EN"
          "http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_1.dtd";>

<!--
    TODO: form-validation statt action-validation. wuerde das file halbieren...
-->

<form-validation>
        <global>
    <constant>
    </constant>
        </global>

    <formset>
        <form name="/daten/datenpflege/dosuche">
            <field property="zeitraumVon"  depends="required">
                <arg0 key="fdb.admin.daten.datenpflege.suche.von"/>

            </field>
            <field property="zeitraumBis"  depends="required">
                <arg0 key="fdb.admin.daten.datenpflege.suche.bis"/>

            </field>
            <field property="kategorie"  depends="required">
                <arg0 key="fdb.admin.daten.datenpflege.suche.kategorie"/>

            </field>
        </form>

<------------------end------------------>

thanks in advance,

Alvin

Alvin Antony
Software Engineer

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet München
Zentrale Universitaetsverwaltung
Referat IIIA 3 (Anwendungs Entwicklung)
Theresienstr. 37 / 2. Stock  Zi. 249
80333 Muenchen

phone  +49 (089) 2180 - 4005

mail      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web     http://informationstechnik.verwaltung.uni-muenchen.de

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/05/04 12:16 PM >>>
You could always put the DTD on a webserver your machine actually can
get to and avoid the pathname issue that way.

But if the choice is between deploying your project with the same DTD
that is in the Struts build, or the project requiring a modification to
(and then having to maintain) a custom "non-validating against the
validator dtd" incarnation of struts, I wouldn't even have to think
twice on it.

Anyway, the DOCTYPE's in the Struts config and validation xml files
point to the same host name (jakarta.apache.org). Since you say you only
get the error on the validator, I'm wondering if maybe you have a typo
in your validation.xml's DOCTYPE declaration.

Mind posting it's contents?

HTH,

-Joe