We have a need to accept dates entered on a form in either "mm/dd/yyyy" or
"mm-dd-yyyy" formats, depending on how the user keys it in.  (Not our choice to
support both formats.)

We'd like to use the Struts Validator to validate the dates with the validateDate()
method.  We haven't been able to figure out how to configure the validator to accept
either format, and would appreciate help in pointing out how to do it.  Or letting us
know if it's not possible right out of the box, and that we'd need to write our own
validator.