When looking at different products, especially in the Open Source world I look at
what's going to be
easier to find information on when I have a production critical, time sensitive
cluster happening.  Which, to answer your question would be Spring imntbhop.  I'm sure
Tapestry is cool, and has really neat features... but in my corner of the 'net I hear
more about Spring then I do Tapestry.  I know where to find information, get support
and help better for Spring then I do Tapestry.  They'll both solve all the problems I
need them to, but, Spring seems to have more mass in terms of third party support.