http://java.sun.com/blueprints/corej2eepatterns/Patterns/SessionFacade.html,
> and I think Session Facade itself should be a session EJB, right?

It really doesn't have to be.  The link you sent lists down three advantages
of using a Facade object, and only the second one is really EJB-specific.  I
use Facade objects in my design and only decide later on how the facade will
be implemented (ejb or pojo).  Either way, you still reduce the coupling
between the client and business objects, still expose a uniform interface,
and still reduce/eliminate business logic in the client tier.

Hubert