Using the standard JSP tags, we can pretty do much do anything on a page, e.g.:

<%
List list = new TreeList();
list.add("first");
list.add("second");

Iterator iter1 = list.iterator();

while(iter2.hasNext()) {
        List list = someMapA.get(iter.next());
        lIterator iter2 = list.iterator();
        while(iter2.hasNext()) { %>
                <%= "<someTag value=" + iter2.next() %>
    <% }
        list = someMapB.get(iter.next());
        iter2 = list.iterator();
        while(iter2.hasNext()) { %>
                <%= "<someTag value=" + iter2.next() %>
    <% }
}
%>

Can you do this with el or struts tags, assuming that the needed objects are in scope? I don't mean to ask whether you can write a tag to do this. I know we can. I mean to ask whether the existent tags allow this flexibility.

Thanks!

Michael