Well, I have the TLDs in my WEB-INF/lib -- I haven't tried removing them to see what happens ...

Eliot Stock wrote:

Hello.

I'm trying to do what the Struts docs mention here (scroll down to
section 5.4.3.1):

http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/configuration.html#dd_config_taglib

which is, do away with declaring the struts taglibs in my web.xml
altogether and just use an absolute URI for the taglib declaration in
ths JSP like so:

<%@ taglib prefix="html" uri="http://struts.apache.org/tags-html"; %>

I also shouldn't need any tld files in WEB-INF/lib - all I need is struts.jar.

I'm deploying on Tomcat 5.0.25 which should handle this. But instead I
get a 500:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri:
http://struts.apache.org/tags-html cannot be resolved in either
web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application

This same mechanism is working perfectly well for JSTL, that is:

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"; %>

is finding the TLD for JSTL core in the JSTL far file in WEB-INF/lib just fine.

Any clues anyone?

Cheers,

Eliot Stock.