I tried using the <datasources> tags in struts-config.xml, couldnt get it
work so I modified the server.xml in tomcat/conf directly.  Just add a
context element as follows in your server.xml

This is my configuration:

<Context path="/wrap" docBase="C:\tomcat5\webapps\wrap" reloadable="true">
  <Resource name="jdbc/WrapDB" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
  <ResourceParams name="jdbc/WrapDB">
    <parameter>
      <name>factory</name>
    </parameter>

    <!-- Maximum number of dB connections in pool. Make sure you
         configure your mysqld max_connections large enough to handle
         all of your db connections. Set to 0 for no limit.
         -->
    <parameter>
      <name>maxActive</name>
      <value>200</value>
    </parameter>

    <!-- Maximum number of idle dB connections to retain in pool.
         Set to 0 for no limit.
         -->
    <parameter>
      <name>maxIdle</name>
      <value>10</value>
    </parameter>

    <!-- Maximum time to wait for a dB connection to become available
         in ms, in this example 10 seconds. An Exception is thrown if
         this timeout is exceeded.  Set to -1 to wait indefinitely.
         -->
    <parameter>
      <name>maxWait</name>
      <value>20</value>
    </parameter>

    <!-- dB username and password for dB connections  -->
    <parameter>
     <name>username</name>
     <value>(*********place your username here) </value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
     <name>password</name>
     <value>(*************place your password here)</value>
    </parameter>

    <!-- Class name for oracle JDBC driver -->
    <parameter>
       <name>driverClassName</name>
       <value>com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver</value>
    </parameter>

    <parameter>
      <name>url</name>
      <value>jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://(***********place your URL