From: "Barnett, Brian W." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Forgive my naivety, Wendy, but what are the benefits of redirecting to a
Servlet?

My reasons, in no particular order...
- I wanted a ".pdf" URL showing in the browser address line
- the redirect lets me show a 'please wait' page
- the sample code I started with was already a Servlet
- it's not tied to Struts.  It looks at something in the session, reads
stuff from the database and spits out a PDF.

If it works for you from an Action, I won't argue that you should rewrite it
as a Servlet.

--
Wendy Smoak